Monday, January 24, 2011

Now I'm worried

OK, I expected week 2 to be a rough week (1.5 pounds lost), but 0 pounds in week 3?!?!?!?!? What the *hell* is up with that? Here's the totals for week 3:

6 workouts
6.6 hours workout time
24.45 Miles
49028 steps (during workouts)
98539 steps (overall)

How could I have not lost *any* weight? Could I be adding that much muscle? Does anyone else have similar experiences in week 3? Yikes!

Today's playlist:

Do You Want To Touch Me - Gary Glitter
Kinda creepy, knowing Gary's well-publicized proclivities, but a great song nonetheless

I Feel Love - Donna Summer
Modern remix with a bass drum so deep it makes my teeth vibrate

Sussudio - Phil Collins
Some rip-offs are cheezy, some are inspired - this is an inspired ripoff of Prince's 1999.

Walk Idiot Walk - The Hives
So simple, even I can play the guitar parts

What It Is - Mark Knopfler
Clapton, Van Halen, Hendrix - all Gods, but if I could play like one guy, it would be this dude

Vertigo - U2
338 songs in my workout playlist and this is the 3rd time this has shown up - one of the few I won't skip over on a repeat

Fresh - Devo
Saw this live on the Stephen Colbert show

The Letter - Joe Cocker
Mad Dogs and Englishmen is still the greatest live album ever - (Kiss - Alive is #2 - shut up - you know it's great)

Viva Las Vegas - Bruce Springsteen
Hard to find single from the Honeymoon in Vegas soundtrack

Hold On - Ian Gomm
OK, not a workout song (AT ALL) - not sure how this got into my workout list

She Can't Dance - Marshall Crenshaw
First album is perfection - career (and songwriting) dropped off quickly after that

Reelin' In The Years - Steely Dan
Greatest guitar lick EVER

Hard Candy - Counting Crows
C'mon guys - 1 album every 6 years?

Blow Away - George Harrison
From George's lost years (late '70s)

Man-Sized Wreath - REM
I'll say it again: why isn't anyone talking about Accelerate? Great, great record

I'm Sick of Myself - Matthew Sweet
Back when ragged glory meant something

25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago
Cheezy, sure, but great anyway. Lead singer blew his brains out on a dare.

1 comment:

  1. Reelin' In The Years, greatest guitar lick ever? To each his own I guess. :-)

    Dude, gaining muscle and losing fat all happen at different speeds. Your body is adjusting to the changes. It could be that NOTHING happened this week. It's ok. What you need to focus on is you didn't GAIN weight. That would be an indication that you didn't do something correctly. Actually, you could gain a pound but it could be water weight. It's all good brother, keep it up and don't worry.

    ReplyDelete